Mozart was one of the greatest musicians who ever lived. Unfortunately for music lovers he died at a young age. I wonder what dreams he left behind. No one will ever know.
Most of us plan to live long lives, but how many people leave behind unfulfilled dreams because they never take time to plan? If that’s the case, why not take steps to make your dreams come true? Here are some ideas to help you get started. There’s no better place to enjoy life’s best experiences than at George Washington Inn , a luxury B&B on Washington’s Olympic Peninsula. Aren’t you glad that God gave most of us five senses to enjoy the world around us; make sure you bring them along as you will have ample opportunity to use them!
1. Experience a few unforgettable moments as you drive up the long driveway and are captivated by the scenic grandeur of the inn, set against the picturesque blue waters of its oceanfront setting. Seeing is believing. Plan to be transported to another world with a visit to this impressive Mount Vernon “West”.
2. Once you get settled in, step back outside and stroll the lavender lane to smell the Royal Velvet English lavender in full bloom. There’s nothing like its sweet alluring scent. Over the past two decades, the Sequim-Dungeness Valley has become known as America’s Provence as small lavender farms have replaced many of the dairy farms. Lavender usually blooms from mid-July to late August.
2. After a restful night in a luxury king bed of pressed cotton sheets, get up early and step out on the veranda to catch the early morning call of an eagle or the ocean waves crashing below. Later on when you head out for the day, listen for the many west coast birds and animals while hiking the alpine meadows of Hurricane Ridge or riding the Olympic Discovery Trail on a bike. In the late evening, while back at the inn, you might even catch the haunting sound of a fog horn from a passing ship heading out to sea.
4. Taste a delicious breakfast prepared and served for you in fine style by the resident chef in the expansive glassed-in piazza. Enjoy passing ships out on the Salish Sea and the Coho ferry as it crosses the 20 mile strait to the seaport city of Victoria. You won’t want to miss taking a day trip to explore its world famous Butchart Gardens.
5. Feel the warmth of meeting new friends over the breakfast table or conversing with the innkeeper about the endless day trips into the wonders of the Olympic National Park that can be taken from the inn’s central location.
Check out our reviews and enjoy the comments of past guests who have made their dreams come true. We hope to see you soon!